Monday, June 14, 2010

Council ID


We were camping out in the park here in Council resting for the day, Ryan wanted to take the chillens to the local museum, when they came back I got to hear all about the wild history of the town, the local dentist who kept chickens and other livestock in her office and did not believe in numbing her patients before working on them, how much things used to cost back in the ol days, and the nice lady at the museum named Sally that showed them around.  I spent my time trying to type and lost power so Ryan went back to the museum to see if he could charge up there and Sally asked him if we wouldn't want to stay over at her guest house a couple blocks away, he came back to ask me and I was on it.   I packed up quickly and headed over, I was expecting a bit of a primitive shack but this place was adorable with beautifully manicured lawns and gardens surrounding it, inside Sally showed me around, this place is so cute and comfy, I was overwhelmed, I felt like I had just entered a dream. Sally loaded us up with huckleberries and morel mushrooms that they picked told us we were welcome to pick any flowers, herbs and veggies out of the gardens, I was so touched.  We thanked her up and down and settled in, Sally left the kids tons of toys and art supplies to have fun with, we had dinner on real plates and drank water from wine glasses, it was a blast.  I took a long, hot bath and felt like a  princess.  We were so happy, I am never expecting these things to happen, people like Sally and her husband Darrell make the world go around.  Hopefully we can make it to Riggins today, 61 miles away, but it is really hard not to linger in this gorgeous place. I am so thankful for this sweet place to rest and feel like the most blessed soul on the planet.  We have some major passes coming up and God knows we needed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment