Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Up the McKenzie River (Day 5 or is it 6, I don’t know)

We had a good night’s rest there in our camp spot but the next day I hear Bob up in the morning chopping firewood and carrying on but a had no ability to get up, I am getting rocked by this gnarly sinus infection, I am way itchy in my nethers, it is raining out and decide I am feeling about like road kill and lay around a bit longer than usual.  Ryan and Bob make coffee, set up a rowdy clothes drying system near the fire, yes, in the rain, they are drying clothes by setting forked branches in the ground and running a stick across that the perfect distance from the fire and it is totally drying stuff out, and the kids are playing and talking near the fire, way cozy and nice, I try to join them for a spell but after awhile I retreat back to the tent and fall asleep for awhile.   Around noon Mrs, Millard comes to see us, a whole 45 minute day from their place, bearing 3 giant foot-long sandwiches,fruit and some dinky items I had forgotten at their house, seeing that I wasn’t feeling well or just wanting to spend time with them, she took the kids up the road to see the hatchery she grew up going to where they raise 20 ft. long sturgeon, I slept the whole time and when they came back several hours later, they had all kinds of stories to tell about the fish and all the amazing treats they got, and Mrs.  Milllard even brought back a pizza, by now Ryan had canned any idea of getting down the road and he and Bob spent the day swapping stories and collecting firewood.  We all ate pizza around the fire and sadly had to say goodbye to Mrs. Millard again, we are all going to miss her she is a truly incredible woman and I won’t ever be able to repay her kindness to us, what a helpless feeling. When I went to bed that night I was so thankful thinking about how people you hardly know come out of nowhere and completely bless the socks off of you. How absolutely amazing!!! What an encouragment to know that everywhere we are the Almighty is not leaving us without astonishment, so many levels of love, coming from every angle, layer upon layer, I am stoked about what we will see.  The children go to bed telling exciting stories about what a blessing people are, how we prayed for things and they happen and all the rain, semi-trucks, and itchy, burning kiesters seem not to matter in comparison.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my recliner with a movie playing as I read about your family adventures. Suddenly I feel so decadent. OK, that does it. I'm definitely going to a waterfall tomorrow.

    Love you guys. Keep it pushin. Prayers go with you.

    http://the40thorbit.blogspot.com/2010/05/109-steen-hunting.html

    ReplyDelete